At Stone County Medical Center, we believe the basic rights of human beings for independence of expression, decision, and action and concern for personal dignity and human relationships are of great importance.
Further, we believe that a prime responsibility for us is to endeavor to ensure these rights are preserved for our patients. It is in recognition of these beliefs that the following patient rights are affirmed:
You have the right to...
- considerate and respectful care.
- appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- privacy concerning your medical care program.
- an explanation of your bill, regardless of the payment source.
- participate in the planning of your care.
- refuse care provided by students.
- refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law.
- be informed of the medical consequences of refusing care.
- receive any information necessary to give informed consent prior to the start of any procedure or treatment.
- expect that all communication and records are confidential.
- expect that we will make reasonable responses to your request for services.
- know what hospital rules apply to you, as a patient.
- You have the right to be informed of the SCMC policy on advance directives and living wills.
In order to provide high quality patient care that meets your satisfaction, White River Health System Stone County Medical Center respectfully requests behavior on the part of patients, their relatives and friends, which considering the nature of their illness, is reasonable and responsible. Areas where we need your assistance and understanding are as follows:
You have the responsibility to...
- provide accurate and complete information about matters relating to your health.
- report changes in your condition to your physician or nurse.
- report whether you understand the treatment plan and what is expected of you.
- follow your treatment plan.
- be considerate of the rights of other patients and hospital personnel and assist us in the control of noise and number of visitors.
- assure the financial obligations of your healthcare are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- communicate your level of comfort and your pain management needs.
- follow hospital rules affecting patient care and conduct.
- refrain from smoking on the SCMC campus, in accordance with Arkansas law
Commitment to Quality Service
It is our goal that you are always satisfied with the care you receive.
However if we fail to meet your expectations during your hospital stay at Stone County Medical Center, please contact our Patient Grievance Line at ext 1254. To access from outside the hospital, dial (870)262-1254.
This number can be used to report any concerns, incidents or grievances without fear of reprisal. If you leave a message between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, a representative will return your call. Messages left over the weekend will be returned on Monday.
If our representative cannot resolve your concern, you may contact the House Charge Supervisor at (870)262-1200 or our hospital Administrative Team at (870)262-1450 and a hospital representative will address your concerns.
At Stone County Medical Center, please speak to your nurse or dial 0 to ask the Operator to contact the administrator on call.
You may also direct complaints to the Arkansas Department of Health at the following address:
Arkansas Department of Health Facility Services
5800 West Tenth Street,
Suite 400 Little Rock, AR 72204