What is the PEP CLUB?
Positive Empowered People
The PEP Club is the White River Health System (WRHS) Foundation's employee giving program. Proceeds from gifts to the PEP Club directly benefit WRHS facilities and programs to enhance patient care provided by WRHS.
The PEP Club promotes positive and rewarding charitable giving, and encourages teamwork for the continued development of the WRHS. Participation in the PEP Club is voluntary.
Contributions are managed by the the Foundation as directed by the Board of Trustees.
- ID badge that may be used for discounts at over 30 participating businesses
- Four free tickets to monthly Melba Movie Night
- Invitations to PEP Club Members Only events
- Membership apparel after your four months of membership
- Membership lapel pin
- Membership rewards – After one year of membership
- Monthly Incentives
White River Health System initiatives supported by the PEP Club
- Area of Greatest Need
- Community Health
- Mental Health
- Nursing Scholarships
- Patient Assistance
- Physician Residency Program
- Ribbons of Hope
- WRHS Emergency Departments
How to Join the PEP Club
Employees may join the PEP Club at any time. Forms are available from the Foundation staff, Human Resources, or your Director. Complete and sign the application form and forward to the Foundation office via inter-office mail. The minimum gift for PEP Club Membership is one hour of your salary per month with a mandatory four-month commitment. Deductions will begin in the pay cycle immediately following processing of your membership application. Employees may choose to increase their gift above the minimum membership requirement by indicating the amount on your membership application. You may terminate your membership at any time following the initial four-month commitment.
Bi-weekly payroll deduction is calculated as follows: Hourly rate multiplied by 12 months, and divided by 26 pay periods equals the bi-weekly payroll deduction. For example: ($10 X 12)/26 = $4.62/ pay period.
Gifts to the PEP Club
Gifts to the PEP Club improve the health our patients and create healthier communities throughout the WRHS service area. PEP Club gifts contribute to the continued development of WRHS, demonstrate employee commitment to improving healthcare, and encourage charitable giving by others. PEP Club members may choose a WRHS initiative for 75% of their gift. The remaining 25% of gifts to the PEP Club support the Area of Greatest Need (10%), Community Health Fund (5%), and Patient Assistance Fund (10%).
Projects Funded by the WRHS PEP Club
- Books for the Reach and Read program sponsored by The Children's Clinic
- Community event supplies and support
- Defibrillators, Pediatric Mannequins, and other clinical training tools
- EKG machines for the WRMC Medical Complex Cherokee Village
- Medication, transportation, and medical supply assistance for patients following hospitalization
- Signage for WRMC's Hand Hygiene initiative
- Transportation and treatment related expenses for patients of Batesville Oncology and WRMC Cancer Care Center through Ribbons of Hope
The Foundation regularly recognizes the generosity of donors in advertising, publications, and social media. We do disclose the amount of PEP Club gifts. Please contact the Foundation office or make a notation on the membership application, to give anonymously.
About the Foundation
The White River Health System Foundation is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization that supports the healthcare mission of White River Health System through charitable giving, grant writing, and fundraising events. Gifts to the foundation are used for the development of new clinical services, scholarships for health professionals, and capital building projects. Contributions to the foundation are tax deductible as allowed by Internal Revenue Service regulations.
For More Information Contact
White River Health System Foundation
Ashley Keck Johnson
1989 Harrison Street
Batesville, Arkansas 72501