We appreciate the trust and faith you have placed in Stone County Medical Center by allowing us to provide your medical care.
Your Hospital Room
When you are admitted to the hospital, your nurse will review all of the equipment in the room including the bed, nurse call button, telephone and television.
Your physician may prescribe a special diet for you based on your medical condition. When possible you will be able to choose entrees from a menu for the next day’s meals. Your meals will be delivered by our dietary staff.
Our housekeeping staff will clean your room each day. If you need additional assistance with cleaning or linens, please ask your nurse and someone will assist you.
What to Bring to the Hospital
If your hospitalization is scheduled in advance, we’ve listed items below that you will need to bring with you to complete your registration and to make your stay more comfortable.
- Insurance cards – Commercial Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, or Military Insurance
- Medication list
- Driver’s License or other form of photo identification
- Payment for applicable deposit, deductible, co-pay, and co-insurance
- Cases for contact lenses, glasses, dentures or hearing aids
- Robe and slippers
- Personal care items
- Comfortable loose fitting clothes for the trip home
What to Leave at Home
We cannot be responsible for lost or damaged personal valuables during your hospital stay. If you are unable to send valuables home with family or friends, please ask your nurse about securing your valuables in the hospital safe.
- Credit/Debit Cards
- Fans, hair dryers, or other personal electrical appliances