Cancer treatment services at White River Medical Center focus on the medical, emotional, and spiritual needs of our patients during their treatment journey. Cancer treatment plans vary depending on the type and stage of cancer, as well as the age and health of the patient.
Cancer treatment is coordinated by a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and may include medication, surgery, chemotherapy, and or radiation therapy.
Your Treatment Team
- Medical Oncologists
- Nurse Navigator
- Primary Care Providers
- Radiation Oncologists
- Financial assistance to offset the cost of transportation to and from treatment and other treatment related expenses is available to patients who qualify. The program is funded by gifts to Ribbons of Hope. Call (870) 262-6200 or (870) 262-1750 to ask about transportation assistance.
- Our Patient Resource Center provides educational materials, wigs, turbans and prosthetic supplies to patients undergoing treatment. The Resource Center is available to patients and their families every day the Cancer Care Center is open.
White River Medical Center’s Cancer Nurse Navigator uses clinical expertise and training to assist patients and their caregivers throughout their cancer journey. The Nurse Navigator is part of a multidisciplinary team that ensures patients receive the right care, in the right setting, and at the right time.
The Nurse Navigator is an advocate for patients and provides the following:
- Assessment of the medical, social, and environmental needs of patients
- Coordinates appointments, test, and treatments
- Ensures communication of relevant information between all members of the healthcare team
- Facilitates referrals to community organizations and support groups
- Provides follow-up care or referrals as needed
- Serves as an educational resource
- Supports patients as they prepare for life after cancer treatment