Admission to a Swing Bed provides transitional care to patients following a hospital stay or acute admission for illness or injury.
Some patients require additional daily skilled nursing care or skilled rehabilitation (therapy) and may qualify for Skilled Swing Bed care or Transitional care. Our Discharge Planner works with patients and their families to determine eligibility for a Swing Bed (Medicare) or Transitional Care (Private Insurance).
Conditions that may Benefit from Swing Bed Services
- Recovery from major surgery such as abdominal/colon surgery, joint replacement, or vascular surgery.
- Extended hospitalization due to heart attack, pneumonia, or stroke.
- Recovery from major accident
- Pain Management
- Wounds which are not healing or need special care
- IV Therapy
- Rehabilitation Therapy: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy or Respiratory Therapy